How to Monitor Peplink WAN Router Using eG Enterprise
eG enterprise monitors the Peplink WAN Router in an agentless manner. For this purpose, you can deploy a single eG agent on a remote Windows host. This agent executes various tests that connect to the SNMP MIB of the router to be monitored, and collects critical statistics of interest. Before attempting to monitor the target router, ensure that the target router is SNMP-enabled. To enable the eG agent to access the SNMP-enabled router, specify the following while configuring the tests:
- Port number on which the target router exposes its MIB
- SNMP community to be used for accessing the MIB
To start monitoring the target router, first manage the Peplink WAN Router component using the steps explained in the section below.
Managing Peplink WAN Router
Using eG Enterprise, you can auto-discover the Peplink WAN Router as well as manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Peplink WAN Router component, do the following:
- Log in to the eG admin interface.
- If the Peplink WAN Router is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the Components – Manage/Unmanage/Delete page.
- However, if the target router is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discovery) to get it discovered or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the Components page. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
In the Components page that appears next, select Peplink WAN Router as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Peplink WAN Router component.
- Choose an external agent for the target router by picking an option from the External agents list box.
- Then, click the Add button to register the changes (see Figure 1).
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring Peplink WAN Router.
- Finally, signout of the eG admin interface.