Internet Explorer Settings
To be able to use Internet Explorer as the browser for the eG manager, the following pre-requisites should be fulfilled:
- The Document mode should be Edge (Default).
- If the eG manager has already been added to the compatibility view, remove it, and disable the compatibility mode.
- The security settings should be set to Medium or Medium-High.
- Allow pop-ups from the eG manager alone.
- Configure the browser to use TLS and not SSL.
Each of these requirements have been detailed in the sub-sections that follow.
Changing the Document Mode
To achieve this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
Click on the Tools icon in the IE tool bar, and select the F12 Developer Tools option from the menu that pops up (see Figure 1).
When Figure 2 appears, check to see if the selection against Document mode is Edge (Default). If not, change it to Edge (Default).
Disabling the Compatibility Mode
For this, follow the steps detailed below:
Click on the Tools icon in the IE tool bar, and select the Compatibility View Settings option from the menu that pops up (see Figure 3).
In Figure 4 that then appears, check whether the eG manager’s URL is listed in the Websites you’ve added to Compatibility View list. If it is, then, select the eG manager’s URL from that list, and click the Remove button alongside, to remove it.
- Also, make sure that Display intranet sites in Compatibility View and the Use Microsoft compatibility lists check boxes are deselected.
- Finally, click the Close button in Figure 4.
Changing Security Settings
To make these changes, follow the steps below:
Click on the Tools icon in the IE tool bar, and select Internet Options from the menu that pops up (see Figure 5).
Figure 6 will then appear. If your eG manager will be accessed by internet users only, then security settings should be configured for the Internet and the Trusted Sites zones. For this, follow the steps detailed below:
Select the Security tab page in Figure 6 and then pick Internet from the Select a zone… section.
- Use the slider in the Security level for this zone section to set the security level at Medium or Medium-high.
Then, select the Trusted sites zone and set Medium or Medium-high as its security level (see Figure 7).
Next, select the Privacy tab page. Use the slider in the Settings section of the tab page to set the privacy level at Medium or Medium-high (see Figure 8).
On the other hand, if your eG manager will be accessed by intranet users only, then, security settings should be configured for the Local Intranet and Trusted Sites zones. For this, follow the steps detailed below:
- You can allow pop-ups for all sites accessed using the IE browser, by deselecting the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box in Figure 8. If you want pop-ups to be allowed for the eG manager alone, then follow the steps detailed in Allowing Pop-ups from the eG Manager
- Finally, click the Apply and OK buttons in Figure 8 to save the changes.
For this, do the following:
Move your mouse pointer over the Pop-up Blocker sub-menu of the Tools menu in the IE menu bar (see Figure 10), and select the Pop-up Blocker settings option therein.
Figure 11 will then appear. In the Address of website to allow text box, enter the URL of the eG manager for which you want to enable pop-ups. Then, click the Add button in Figure 11 to add that URL to the Allowed sites list.
- Finally, click the Close button to save the changes.
Configuring the Browser to Use TLS and not SSL
For this, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Tools icon in the IE tool bar, and select Internet Options from the menu that pops up (see Figure 1).
When Figure 2 appears, select the Advanced tab page therein. Scroll down the Settings list in the Advanced tab page until you view the Use TLS and Use SSL options.
- Then, deselect the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 check boxes. Instead, select either the Use TLS 1.1 or the Use TLS 1.2 check box.
- Finally, click the Apply and ok buttons in Figure 12 to save the changes.