Managing the IBM Lotus Domino Mail Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the IBM Lotus Domino mail server in the environment and also lets you to manually add the IBM Lotus Domino mail server for monitoring if the server is not auto-discovered. The following steps explain you how to manage the server that is auto-discovered using the eG administrative interface.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a IBM Lotus Domino mail server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To manage the component that is auto-discovered, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page that appears next, select Domino Mail as the Component type. Then, the auto-discovered components will be displayed under the Unmanaged Components section.
Now, on attempting to sign out, the following screen appears prompting users to configure the Mail test and the MailboxSize test. (see Figure 3) .
- The Mail test monitors the availability of the mail server from an external perspective. To know how to configure the Mail test refer to the Monitoring Mail Server document.
- Attempting to signout again will bring up the list of unconfigured tests once again, but this time it will prompt you to configure the Mailbox Size test. The details on the parameters to be configured for this test have been explained in
Figure 5 :
This test will report measures only if the following are in place:
- Then, return to the Agents – Tests Specific configuration page using the menu sequence Agents -> Tests -> Specific Configuration.
- First choose Domino Mail from the Component type list box and the specific component from the Component name list box. Then choose type of a test say as Performance from the Test type list box. Doing so will provide the agent summary details and as well the configuration status of all the tests pertaining to the chosen component respectively.
Figure 6 : Figure 1.26: Selecting NRPC test from the unconfigured tests
- To configure an unconfigured test, select the NRPC test from the unconfigured tests list box and click on the Configure button. This will invoke the parameters to be configured for the chosen test. Finally click on the Update button to implement the changes as depicted by the Figure 7.
- Upon clicking, the test parameters will be displayed (see Figure 7):
- Test Period - How often should the test be executed
- Host - The IP address of the machine where the Domino server is installed.
- Port – The port number through which the Domino mail server communicates
- httpport – The port of the Domino HTTP server.
- username – The user name using which the test needs to connect to the Domino mail server.
- password – The password of the specified username.
- confirm password – Confirm the password by retyping it here.
- Click on the update button to register the changes and signout of the eG administrative interface.