Managing the Oracle Communications Messaging Server
The eG Enterprise is capable of automatically discovering the Oracle Communications Messaging server. The discovered server needs to be managed for monitoring. This can be achieved using the following steps;
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a Oracle Communications Messaging server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page (Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage).
However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGEpage. and clearly illustrate the process of managing the Oracle Communications Messaging Server.
Next, try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Upon doing so, a list of unconfigured tests will appear prompting you to configure the tests pertaining to the server (see Figure 3)
- Click on the test names in the list of unconfigured tests to configure. Refer to Monitoring Oracle Communications Messaging Servers for more details on configuring the test.
- Next, try to signout of the eG administrative interface, now you will be prompted to configure the Processes test. To know details on configuring these tests refer to
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.