Monitoring IBM BladeCenter Chassis
eG Enterprise offers a specialized IBM BladeCenter Chassis monitoring model that monitors the core hardware components of the target BladeCenter Chassis, and proactively alerts administrators to issues in its overall health and performance. This way, the abnormalities can be fixed before irreparable damage occurs.
By continuously monitoring the IBM BladeCenter Chassis, administrators can accurately find out the answers the following performance questions:
- What is the current status of the chassis?
- What is the current health and power supply status of each blade?
- Does the blower module exist?
- What is the current status of each power module?
- Does the fanpack exist?
- What is the current status of error LED of the fanpack?
- What is the current temperature of the management module?
- What is the current temperature and error LED status of the front panel?
- Does the storage module exist?
- What is the current status of error LED of the storage module?
- Does the MediaTray exist?
- What is the current status of error LED of the MediaTray?
- What is the current status of each power domain?
- How much power is utilized from each power domain?
Since the tests of the Network layer have already been discussed in the Monitoring Cisco Router document in detail, the sections to come will discuss all other layers of Figure 1 in detail.