eG Innovations today announced the availability of a new plugin that integrates the eG Enterprise performance monitoring solution with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). The fully integrated solution enables advanced end-to-end performance monitoring in complex, heterogeneous IT environments. The solution dramatically expands the capacity of System Center Operations Manager to deliver a single, integrated performance monitoring platform that supports both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications spanning virtual, cloud and physical infrastructures.
“In the past, IT operations teams had to use multiple System Center Operations Manager management packs from different vendors to extend monitoring beyond Microsoft servers and applications. These management packs only offered narrow, domain specific coverage and they were not integrated with each other, potentially resulting in slow and error-prone troubleshooting” said Srinivas Ramanathan, CEO eG Innovations. “The Microsoft System Center Operations Manager eG Enterprise integration provides a complete monitoring, diagnosis and reporting solution that manages Microsoft and non-Microsoft IT infrastructures equally well.”
“In today’s increasingly cloud-centric world, it’s more important than ever for companies to have a holistic look at their IT infrastructure to ensure they are optimizing their IT investments,” said Jon Roskill, corporate vice president, Worldwide Partner Group, Microsoft. “Through the introduction of its Microsoft System Center Operations Manager plugin, eG Innovations has shown its ability to help companies be more efficient in managing their cloud, on-premises and hybrid infrastructure.”
“Microsoft System Center Operations Manager is an industry-standard management console to manage Microsoft environments,” said Dennis Callaghan, senior analyst, enterprise software, 451 Research. “The eG Innovations plugin for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager now gives IT operations staff a comprehensive, end-to-end performance view to better monitor and manage complex, heterogeneous IT infrastructures.”
Benefits of the eG Enterprise System Center Operations Manager Plugin
The eG Enterprise System Center Operations Manager plugin enables IT administrators to proactively monitor, cross-correlate, and auto-detect issues that impact the user experience in heterogeneous virtualized, cloud and physical infrastructures. This approach dramatically accelerates IT performance monitoring, reduces IT operations cost, improves infrastructure health, increases the value of System Center Operations Manager investments and makes the SCOM console a true one-stop shop for performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosis and reporting – within and outside of the Microsoft infrastructure.
Enterprises with heterogeneous infrastructures, including critical server applications like SAP and Oracle, virtualization technologies like VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop will find this integration particularly beneficial. With the integrated solution, enterprises can:
- Monitor the entire IT service infrastructure from end to end.
Administrators can now use SCOM for integrated end-to-end monitoring, automatic diagnosis and intuitive reporting across their complete IT environment, including virtual and cloud domains. This includes all key components supporting business critical services such as:
- 150+ enterprise applications – including Microsoft applications such as Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange Server, IIS, and SharePoint, and non-Microsoft applications, including Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop, SAP, Oracle, Java applications, IBM Websphere, etc.
- 10+ operating systems – e.g., Microsoft Windows, Linux, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, etc.
- 9+ virtualization platforms – including VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Windows Server Hyper-V, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, AIX LPAR, Solaris LDOM, etc. The plugin also allows IT to easily add monitoring for custom applications to the SCOM system.
- With a short learning curve, System Center Operations Manager administrators can quickly start monitoring applications and platforms not natively supported by SCOM. Administrators can view performance information and proactively receive performance alerts and reports for any layer of any tier of the IT infrastructure in the System Center console – thus saving the time and trouble involved in mastering multiple management packs or having to go to proprietary monitoring tools outside of the System Center Operations Manager console.
- Obtain instant diagnosis and actionable insight into IT service health and performance.
Instead of sending raw performance metrics to the System Center Operations Manager console, eG Enterprise collects, analyzes and correlates metrics from every layer and infrastructure tier using an industry first “virtualization aware” root-cause diagnosis technology. This technology separates cause from effect and dramatically accelerates diagnosis even in the most complex environments. The integrated eG Enterprise System Center Operations Manager solution provides administrators with actionable information by pinpointing the real root cause of performance problems more quickly and accurately.
For more information including pricing of the eG Enterprise SCOM solution, contact eG Innovations at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details: eG Enterprise for SCOM