Monitoring HP VC-Flex
eG Enterprise embeds a specialized HP VC Flex monitoring model (see Figure 1) which enables users to run periodic status checks on the blade interconnect, and reports problems/potential contentions (if any).
Every layer in the monitoring model is mapped to variety of tests which connect to the SNMP MIB of the target blade interconnect and report critical statistics pertaining to its performance. Using the measures reported by the tests administrators can find quick and accurate answers for the following queries:
- Is the Virtual Connect Flex Domain in redundant state?
- Is the blade enclosure in an abnormal state currently?
- Is the Ethernet Network available for HP VC-Flex?
- Is the Virtual Connect Flex Fabric operating normally?
- Is the health status of VC module satisfactory?
- Is the network port abnormal?
- Is the VC Profile healthy?