SAP applications are business critical and slow or poor performance of these applications results in significant revenue loss. Therefore, performance monitoring of SAP is important. SAP infrastructures use multiple application tiers (web dispatcher, Java stack, Business Objects, HANA, etc.) and in-depth visibility into these tiers is essential for accurate and rapid diagnosis.
eG Enterprise for SAP helps IT managers assure the performance of their SAP applications. By monitoring, analyzing and correlating the performance of all the tiers that support SAP access, it helps administrators proactively detect, diagnose and fix SAP performance problems quickly, before users notice.
While the use of multiple tiers to support SAP access offers scalability, it also makes monitoring and diagnosis harder. Since there are inter-dependencies between the tiers, a problem in one tier can impact all the other tiers. The administrator's challenge is how quickly he/she can identify where the cause of an SAP application slowdown lies (i.e., in the network? firewall? web? Java stack? ABAP stack? database?).
The growing adoption of virtualization for hosting SAP applications poses additional challenges for SAP monitoring. The application performance is affected by that of the VM and the hypervisor it is running on.
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings - immediately.
CEO, Office Port
Total Performance Management for SAP Applications
- In-depth monitoring of every SAP tier – web dispatcher, SAP Basis/ABAP stack, Netweaver/Java stack, HANA in-memory database, Business Objects, etc.
- Monitoring of the application and infrastructure tiers supporting SAP including the network, database, virtualization, and storage tiers
- Auto-baselining of metrics so that alerts are triggered if any metric deviates from the norm
- Automatic correlation and root-cause diagnosis to allow administrators to diagnose problems with a single click
Deep Insights into SAP Performance
- Visibility into Java virtual machine (JVM) performance: thread activity, locking, garbage collection, heap and non-heap memory usage, class loading, etc.
- SAP ABAP performance metrics: memory buffer utilization, active users, step-by-step transaction latencies, free worker processes, jobs scheduled and executed, database connections established, application errors, etc.
- Cross-tier visibility including network, database, virtualization platform and storage
- Time-based correlation of performance across the different tiers for easy analysis
Auto-Baselines the Performance of Each Tier for Preemptive Alerting
- Establish time of day baselines for each metric, based on history
- Multi levels of baselines for problem escalation
- Ability for administrators to specify baselines
- Proactive, multi-modal alerting via email, web, mobile, SMS, trouble tickets, etc.
- Automatic, preemptive alerting of issues
Identify the Root-Cause of SAP Performance Problems with One Click
- Models each tier with a unique hierarchical layer representation (supported out of the box for 180+ applications and platforms)
- Service topology maps highlight inter-application dependencies
- Auto-discovers hypervisor to VM, VM to application and inter-application dependencies
- Patented correlative intelligence technology analyzes performance across tiers and identifies where the root-cause of the problem lies
- By proactively detecting and resolving SAP application problems quickly, you can ensure business continuity and keep your users productive and satisfied
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great performance and uptime for SAP applications
- Clear demarcation of problems ensures that only administrators responsible for fixing a problem are involved in troubleshooting. This helps optimize the usage of over-worked domain experts
- In-depth analytics enable SAP architects to optimize their application infrastructure to deliver better performance
- Provide a consistent and unified view for all the different stakeholders in your organization
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)